Owens Corning R38 Insulation 24 x 48 Faced Fiberglass Batt
OC faced Formaldehyde-free ™ fiberglass insulation is ideal for reliable thermal as well as sound control. Owens Corning faced insulation is conveniently available in pre-cut batts to fit typical wall as well as ceiling spaces. Increase the total effectiveness of your residence with fiberglass wall surface bay insulation. It’s thermal efficiency helps to keep temperature levels lower, lessening power loss as well as energy expenditures while furthermore decreasing space to room noise transmission.
- Easy to install: Precut batts friction fit in common spaces
- Excellent thermal control
- Soundproof: Effective acoustical control
- Fiberglass Insulation Batt: 24 in. x 48 in.x 112 in thick
- Long Term Performance: will not settle nor slump within wall cavities
- Bags per Master Pack: 4
- Pieces per Bag : 8
- Square feet per Bag: 64
- Best For: Attics, Floors
- Certified GREENGUARD GOLD CertifiedSM and validated to be formaldehyde free2, to contain at least 55% recycled content, and Contributes to LEED® project certification
About Owens Corning Insulation
Owens Corning ® EcoTouch ® PINK ® Fiberglas ™ Insulation with PureFiber ® Modern technology is a preformed, flexible blanket insulation. It is made in R-values from 11 to 49, with sizes ranging from 31/2 inches to 14 inches. It is readily available unfaced, or Paper-faced with either a kraft or foil vapor retarder.
Owens Corning is produced with less dust than other fiberglass product lines, EcoTouch ® PINK ® Fiberglas ™ insulation has exceptional stiffness as well as recovery characteristics. They use compression packaging which speeds project site handling as well as setup.
R 38 Uses
– Wood-framed wall, flooring and roof/ceiling cavity wall surface installations
– Metal-framed wall as well as floor space installments
– Furring strips installed on the inside side of cellar walls
– Interior areas of basement and also unvented crawl space foundation surfaces
See Owens Corning publication “Installment Guide for Light Density Insulation” (Pub. No. 10017858) to find out more.
Environmentally Friendly as well as Sustainability
Owens Corning is a worldwide leader in building product systems, insulation as well as composite solutions, supplying a wide series of premium product or services. Owens Corning is devoted to driving sustainability by supplying solutions, transforming markets and also enhancing lives. Even more details can be located over at www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is a worldwide corporation that establishes and produces insulation, roofing, and also fiberglass compounds. It was developed in 1935 as a collaboration in between 2 significant U.s. glassworks, Corning Glass Works as well as Owens-Illinois. The business uses approximately 19,000 people around the globe.
Why Ceiling Insulation is Helping Keep you Cool
A considerable amount of warm is lost via the roofing system, which makes the attic room an essential area to protect. Based on the US Division of Power suggested R worth you should insulation your ceiling with R 30 or R38.
When you add too little insulation, you will have a colder residence. But installing too much insulation– packing in greater than is needed– can also lead to a cooler residence than is needed. Tiny air pockets developed within the insulation are what help keep a house toasty as well as cozy, not the tiny hairs of fiberglass or paper kraft facing. Striking an excellent balance in between insufficient insulation and also too much insulation will keep you and your family warm throughout the winter months.
Owens Corning insulation is sold in big box stores as well as also can be bought through suppliers like Pacific Insulation. Pacific Insulation provides a distinct chance to purchase the very same items at store at wholesale prices. Homeowner and also professionals have the possibility to purchase tiny or huge amounts straight from the distributor. By purchasing straight from the distributor we have the ability to offer reduced costs. Purchasers can pick up have delivered from among our 70 locations or we can drive our truck straight to your project site.
U.S. Department of Energy Recommended Total R-Values
The following 2008 Department of Energy zone recommendations are based on comparing estimated future energy savings to the current cost of installing insulation. The DOE gives a range for many locations for the following reasons:
- Energy costs vary greatly over each zone
- Installed insulation costs vary greatly over each zone
- Heating and cooling equipment efficiency varies from house to house
- Best estimate of future energy costs may not be exact.
- Reference : Department of Energy Insulation Fact Sheet
(DOE/CE-0180 2008 update) DOE/CE-0180 2008, Insulation Fact Sheet.