Owens Corning R-13 Insulation 23 x 93 Unfaced Fiberglass Batt
OC R-13 unfaced Formaldehyde-free ™ fiberglass insulation is perfect for reliable thermal as well as sound management. Owens Corning R -13 unfaced insulation is easily available in pre-cut batts to fit common wall surface and ceiling spaces. Boost the total performance of your residence with fiberglass wall cavity insulation. It’s thermal performance aids to maintain temperature degrees lower, decreasing power loss as well as power costs while in addition decreasing area to room audio transmission.
- Easy to install: Precut batts friction fit in common spaces
- Excellent thermal control
- Soundproof: Effective acoustical control
- Effective Moisture Control: Vapor barrier keeps moisture out
- Fiberglass Insulation Batt: 23 in. x 93 in.x 3.5 in. thick
- Long Term Performance: will not settle nor slump
- Bags per Master Pack: 14
- Pieces per Bag : 12
- Square feet per Bag: 178.25
- Best For: 2×4 Interior walls, 2×4 Exterior Walls, Sheds, Basement Walls
- Certified GREENGUARD GOLD CertifiedSM and validated to be formaldehyde free2, to contain at least 55% recycled content, and Contributes to LEED® project certification
- Product Data Sheet –Click here
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning ® EcoTouch R-13 ® PINK ® Fiberglas ™ Insulation with PureFiber ® Modern technology is a preformed, adaptable blanket insulation. It is manufactured in R-values from 11 to 49, with sizes varying from 31/2 inches to 14 inches. It is available unfaced, or faced with either a kraft or foil vapor retarder.
Owens Corning is produced with much less dust than other fiberglass brands, EcoTouch ® PINK ® Fiberglas ™ insulation has outstanding stiffness and also recovery features. They make use of compression packaging from Owens Corning rates task website handling and also setup.
R-13 Insulation Uses
– Wood-framed wall surface, floor and also roof/ceiling space wall installations
– Metal-framed wall surface as well as sub-floor cavity wall surface installations
– Furring strips mounted on the interior surface of cellar wall surfaces
– Indoor surfaces of cellar and unvented crawl space structure walls
R-13 Insulation Setup
See Owens Corning magazine “Setup Guide for Light Density Insulation” (Bar. No. 10017858) for more information.
Environmentally friendly and Sustainability
Owens Corning is a worldwide leader in construction product systems, insulation as well as composite solutions, supplying a broad series of high quality product or services. Owens Corning is dedicated to driving sustainability by supplying remedies, changing markets as well as enhancing lives. More information can be located at www.owenscorning.com.
Why Owens Corning R-13
Owens Corning is a worldwide enterprise that establishes and creates insulation, roof, as well as fiberglass composites. It was developed in 1935 as a partnership between 2 significant U.s. glassworks, Corning Glass Works as well as Owens-Illinois. The corporation utilizes around 19,000 individuals around the globe.
House owners discover EcoTouch R-13 ® PINK ® FIBERGLAS ™ Insulation with PureFiber ® Technological advances fast and also easy to set up. Furthermore, EcoTouch ® insulation:
Provides comfort– really helps homes stay cooler in the summer and also warmer in the winter months Will reduce month-to-month heating and also cooling costs for the life of the house Offers Owens Corning’s phenomenal thermal and also acoustical efficiency
Licensed to include a minimum of 58% overall recycled composition **
Insulating Outside Walls with R-13 Fiberglass is best for Cold weather Insulation
Protecting outside walls properly is crucial for protecting your house from the elements. Insulate outside wall surface bays with fiberglass insulation. This helps give efficient water control and air quarantining to keep your clients’ houses comfy.
Insulating Cellar Wall Surfaces with R-13 Insulation
A completely dry and comfy basement indicates a completely dry and also comfy living area above. In a heated cellar, insulate basement walls with existing (or added) 2×4 wall surface studs with Kraft paper-faced or unfaced outside wall surface insulation. Prior to insulating, all foundation wall surfaces should be checked for water leakage as well as rehabilitative action taken. Install an interior finish material, such as drywall, as quickly as the insulation is in place. It is not required to insulate the ceiling in a heated basement, however it will certainly aid control sound between floors.
Insulating interior Walls with R-13 for Sound Proofing
Aiming to quiet certain rooms in your home? Use R 13 on 2×4 wall bays to help lessen sounds between areas. This application is great around bath rooms where you don’t intend to hear unsettling sounds. Likewise possibly quiet down the Master bedroom so you can take pleasure in the privacy of your Master Chamber. R 13 insulation is the ideal low cost way to help enhance the efficiency of your residence and also supply sound lessening in between bedrooms by putting in with 2×4 stud wall surfaces. No vapor barrier is needed so unfaced ought to do the job.
U.S. Department of Energy Recommended Total R-Values
The following 2008 Department of Energy zone recommendations are based on comparing estimated future energy savings to the current cost of installing insulation. The DOE gives a range for many locations for the following reasons:
- Energy costs vary greatly over each zone
- Installed insulation costs vary greatly over each zone
- Heating and cooling equipment efficiency varies from house to house
- Best estimate of future energy costs may not be exact.
- Reference : Department of Energy Insulation Fact Sheet
(DOE/CE-0180 2008 update) DOE/CE-0180 2008, Insulation Fact Sheet.